- Anukriti Srivastava
10 Things to Keep In Mind While Hiring A Video Production Company For Your Brand
Are you planning some advertisements for your company? Not sure how to choose the right video production company? Then, my friend this article is for you!
Video production can be an expensive affair, therefore it is highly important to make sure to hire the right video production company to do the job for you.
The surge in video content has compelled almost every company to adopt video marketing and have excellent videos to promote their products and services. It is a great way to enhance business revenue. More than 80% of businesses prefer video as an effective marketing tool as videos have a wider reach and engage audiences.
But creating videos is a challenging task. Creating an outstanding video requires lots of research, graphic knowledge, exceptional editing skills and most importantly- you need a knack for storytelling. The basic videos will only work a little and will be less impactful.
Every business uses video as a marketing tool, therefore to stand out in the crowd you need a well-crafted video. Thus, to avoid this chase, it's important to have the right video production company to help you tell your story.
A video production company can create a huge difference in the overall impact and effectiveness of the video. They will use their skill and tools to make your vision come to life. But finding the right video production company can be challenging, and to make your job a bit easier, we have developed a comprehensive guide to help you pick the right one.
So, without any further ado, let's jump into the article.
1. Develop a content brief with clear objectives: The first step in choosing the right production company for your video is to visualize the kind of content you want to produce. This includes developing a brief about the video content with clear objectives to convey the correct information about your business, audience, and key message. Your brief will be the idea that you want to get picturized.
2. Set a budget: Budget is the most obvious thing you must consider while choosing a video production company because every company has a different charge for videos. You have to fix your budget based on the type of video you want to create, and you can try finding out the market rate and fix a budget accordingly.
3. Go through their portfolio: Company's portfolio will give you an insightful glimpse of the working style of the company and its performance. You will be able to check the quality of the work they have previously done and will be able to analyze whether it will be a right fit or not. You can visit the company's website or social media platform.
4. A talented and professional team: The team is an asset to any organization. Whenever you need to choose a video production company, ensure to know about its team members, including directors, animators, voice-over artists, illustrators, etc. A clear background of their talent and skill will help you decide whether they will provide you with the right kind of service or not.
5. Prepare a list of questions: Before finalizing any company, prepare a list of questions you want to ask them about service, working pattern, budget, submission timing, etc. Here is a list of questions that you can consider asking-
a. How long will it take to finalize the project?
b. How services do you offer?
c. How will you manage the project?
d. Did you get our business goals and requirements?
6. Price matters: Price is an important factor influencing your decision. So, ensure to compare both the price and quality of the video. You should analyze two to three video production agencies and compare their prices.
7. Unique and Creative ideas: Uniqueness and creativity will make your video stand out in the crowd. It plays a very important role in enhancing the effectiveness of the video. Always pick a company that has a team of creative professionals because their produced videos will add value to your brand and increase your ROI.
8. Check the reviews/testimonials: Customer reviews or testimonials ensure a company's credibility. Thus, it is vital to consider when choosing a video production agency. You can visit the company's website to read testimonials and reviews. Refrain from trusting the reviews blindly; verify the positive and negative responses from previous clients.
9. Have a more detailed discussion: Once you pick a company for your project, always have a detailed discussion about everything. Ask your prepared questions and give them in-depth detail about want you want. Plan a face-to-face meeting, if possible; otherwise, virtual meetings are also a good option. This will help you develop a bond with the people you will be working with and familiarize you with their personalities and culture.
10. Clarify the timeline: It is very important to have a fixed timeline so both of you can have enough time to create, process, and make corrections if needed. Always have a buffer time in hand for casualties.
Approximately 81% of the brands use video marketing to increase their brand awareness. Thus, if you want to add value to your brand in this digital era, then incorporate video culture. A video production company will ease your job and create a compelling corporate video that will increase your brand value. The above guide will help you choose your brand's video production company.
We at Skyshot tell impactful stories through videos with a vision to create brand identity, boost conversions and expand sales for our clients.
Actualise your marketing and branding goals with compelling content and professional skills from Skyshot Media.
We are big enough to deliver, small enough to care!
Written by Anukriti Srivastava
Content Writer @Skyshot Media