How To Create A Great Testimonial Video For Your Company?
Regardless of how good your products and services are, people would still be skeptical about buying your product if they haven't heard of it before. You might be spending a lot of time and effort on creating brand awareness, but unless you build credibility among the audience regarding your product, you won't be able to make a profit.
So, you might wonder how to do that.
Always remember! Your customer is your asset, and you can use customer endorsements in your social media marketing.
Have you considered using customer testimonial videos for establishing credibility for your product or services?
In this article, we will help you understand the impact that testimonial videos can create & also guide you through every step, from why you need testimonials to how you can create impactful videos.
So, let's dive into the article. But before that, let's understand what testimonial videos are!
What is a testimonial video?
A testimonial video is a video of the customer giving positive reviews about your company, product or service. And anyways, videos are more engaging and powerful than text, even in the case of testimony. Before trying any new product, people look for information that reassures them about the quality, and video testimonials are the best way to do that.
Example of testimonial video
Now you know what customer testimonial videos are, here please take a look at some good testimonial videos:
Why customer testimonial videos?
According to many kinds of research, 90% of people purchase after watching testimonial videos because they believe a consumer's opinion is about a product rather than what the company says. People trust and value their peers' opinions.
Research shows you can generate 62% more revenue through testimonial videos. A testimonial video is different from any other type of marketing video because your customer does the talking about your product. The customer's testimony acts as evidence for what you say about your business.
Here are a few numbers that prove that testimonial videos can significantly impact building an audience.
a. Organic traffic increases on websites by 157% because of videos.
b. Approximately 59% of executives prefer to watch a video over reading text.
c. 85% of customers prefer watching video content about a company.
d. 95% of viewers can connect and retain information presented in the form of video content than text.
I hope these numbers have cleared your doubts regarding creating testimonial videos. So, let's look at the step-by-step process of how you can create a compelling testimonial video.
Steps to create testimonial video-
1. Pick one of your most successful customers: The first step is to find the most satisfied and happy customers who will be the video stars.
2. Plan ahead: The most effective testimonial video is the one with spontaneity; however, that doesn't mean you don't need planning. The best way to do that is to record the answers of your customers that appear spontaneous and honest.
3. Create a Testimonial Questionnaire: To get spontaneity in your video, you need to create a list of testimonial questionnaires you want your customers to answer.
Here are some questions that you can consider asking.
a. What problems were you trying to solve with our product or service?
b. What made our product or service stand out from others?
c. What has made you the happiest about working with our company?
d. What prompted you to consider this product?
e. What features do you like most?
f. How did it benefit you?
g. Would you recommend the product? If so, why?
h. Is there anything else you want to add?
4. Asking for testimonials from your customer: It can be daunting to ask a customer to volunteer for a testimonial video.
So, here are a few ways to break that ice. a. Don't be too quick to ask; let your customers spend some time with your product to get acclimatized.
b. Wait until any of your customers gives you positive feedback.
c. Ask over email- Craft an effective email draft and spare them time to consider your offer.
d. Offer all the details- Thank them for positive feedback in the past and brief them about your plan to feature them in the video. Let them know why their testimonial is important.
e. Don't offer an incentive in return- Don't bribe your customer with offers and incentives in return; this will negatively influence their testimonial.
5. Make your customer comfortable: Once your customer agrees to be a part of the testimonial video, send them questions beforehand so they can formulate the answers and it doesn't look rhetorical. Many people don't feel comfortable around the camera, so it's important to make your customer feel at ease. It's recommended to set up the camera in advance and give time to your customer to become friendly with the whole setup. Anyways if they mess up, don't make a ruckus. Be patient and try doing it again.
6. Create a scene: The location of the shooting is as important as it supports the message you want to convey. Before choosing a location, ensure it provides your viewer's context.
Here are a few things you can consider while choosing and setting up a place:
a. Indoor locations like a studio, lobbies, conference rooms, bars or cafés can make a good location.
b. Outdoor locations like the front of office buildings, city squares, sidewalks etc. can make a good location.
c. Ample natural Lighting
d. No background noises
e. Add props like plants or your product.
7. Put the spotlight on your customers: Let them introduce themselves to make your video look authentic. It will help your customer relax on-screen and also establish a story. Let your customer do the talking, and don't interrupt in between.
8. Show the product in use: For creating an impactful testimonial video, show your product in action. It will add credibility and help people visualize and understand how your product or service works. Introduce your product in the video for a few seconds with the customer using it. It will send a great message to your potential customers.
9. Edit the video: Edit your video once you are done filming. Try to make it authentic and enjoyable. You can add quotes and texts to add more value.
Here are a few things you can do while editing:
a. Incorporate inserts and cutaways
b. Pick the best camera angle for each moment.
c. Fix the lighting issues
d. Add filters for aesthetic appeal.
e. Use overlays to add depth, such as graphics, images, title/name of the person speaking etc.
f. Use your brand color and logo.
10. Keep the video short: Long videos look too stretched and artificial. Your potential customers don't have time to watch several minutes of videos on testimonials. Keep it engaging, short and sweet. Don't exceed more than 150 seconds.
11. Promote: As with other marketing videos, you must promote your customer testimonial videos on all social media platforms, including your official website. You can include it in your email newsletter to your customers and place your video strategically so that it attracts more attention to it.
What makes a testimonial video impactful?
Many testimonial videos are available, but are they all effective? Certainly not.
So, what's the secret ingredient behind a high-converting customer testimonial video? You need to remember three critical points while creating a testimonial video.
a. Mention the precise results and benefits: A high-transforming testimonial video should have specific outcomes. It should talk about the benefits it offers rather than its features. Teach your viewers how your product or service is good for them. Accentuate the tangible results to which your potential customer can relate.
b. Looks natural: Authenticity is the key to the customer testimonial video. Customers are smart enough to differentiate between the scripted and original.
c. Tell an impactful story: Storytelling is the way people can connect. Remember that a customer testimonial is not a commercial advertisement; you are trying to build trust. A strong story that flows well with the message can do the job.
Conclusion A powerful testimonial video can increase conversions and forge a deeper connection with your current clients. The testimonial videos include real-life consumers; thus, your potential customers will be able to trust and relate more easily. Words of mouth from your satisfied customers are more impactful these days than any other way.
Producing engaging videos can be a daunting and highly laborious task. We at Skyshot Media can help you with producing some impactful testimonial videos.
A well-planned and high-quality video will present the right image of your brand and encourage the prospects to choose you.
By Anukriti Srivastava, Writer @ Skyshot Media