Top 5 Free Mobile Video Editing Apps
We encounter tons of videos daily on social media platforms, which are arguably the most engaging form of content marketing. Humans love stories & videos are possibly the best way to do that.
The availability of some amazing free video editing apps and good camera capabilities of smartphones has allowed anyone to make videos and tell stories. Today, you can make videos with almost no investment and tell stories on social media.
There are so many video editing apps available in the market today. But finding that perfect app for video editing from the plethora of options can be daunting, especially for beginners. So, we have curated a list of 5 free mobile Editing apps you can use to begin your video editing journey.
So, without any further ado, let’s check out the list of the apps-
1. iMovie- iMovie app is the best to begin your journey as a video editor. It is uncomplicated and employs a simple drag-and-drop interface to move audio and video files. iMovie gets updated time-to-time, so you can always get new options and features.
a. Support for 4K resolution and multi-track editing allows users to create cinema-quality films.
b. It is free for apple users and runs on all apple devices.
c. Tons of high-quality title animations for professional-looking videos
d. Pre-programmed themes and contemporary video filters are available for Photo albums, Sports, Travel, Comic books, sci-fi and Neon.
e. Transition, music and text overlays are present for each theme.
f. Built-in music, sound effects, and voiceover recording facility present
2. Kine Master- If you are an experienced video editor, Kine master is your app. It is a free advanced video editing app compatible with iOS, Android, Mac and Windows. Kine master is easy to use app that supports 4K video editing, and you can trim and enhance the video on the go.
a. Tools for precise cut and mix videos
b. Professional tools such as blending, chroma key and lighting adjustments present
c. Easy to navigate interface
d. Audio editing and enhancing effects present
e. Motion effects for keyframe animation
f. It is free to use. However, you will need to upgrade it to the pro version to remove the watermark.
3. Power Director - The Power Director is an advanced video editing app that offers desktop features into a mobile interface. It is compatible with iOS and Android. It offers 4k and multi-track editing, giving the video a professional touch. It has an easy-to-use customizable interface, best for beginners.
a. Excellent audio mixer for sound designing
b. Offers HD 1080p output
c. Direct export to the social media platform
d. Includes visual effect tools such as composting and speed adjustments.
e. Provides a template for YouTube Intros and outros
f. Tons of motion titles and transitions with drag and drop
g. Add text and animated titles to videos
h. Easy trimming, splicing and rotation of video
It is free to use; however, the pro version allows you to export videos in 4K and offers access to 8,000,000+ royalty-free stock videos, images, and music within the app.
4. Quik- Quik is a perfect app for creating multi-clip highlight reels. It was formerly known as Replay and is compatible with iOS and Android. It allows the mixing of video clips for short Instagram videos. However, it does not support 4K and multi-track editing.
a. Best for video montages
b. Comes with pre-programmed themes
c. Provide 28 different video formats for increased customization
d. Add filters, titles, fonts and trims.
e. Easy exports in minutes
5. Promeo- Promeo is an ideal app for all those social media videos such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter and many more. It is an easy-to-use app compatible with iOS and Android. It allows you to create promotional videos for social media in three steps quickly. You can create educational, fashion, beauty, travel, sports, finance and many more types of content for social media using a pre-designed template in the app.
a. Fully customizable 10,000 ready-to-use templates
b. Provide royalty-free music, support stock photos and videos
c. Pre-programmed stickers and fonts included
d. New templates are added constantly
e. Allow easy share
Videos are constantly getting more engagement on all social media platforms and websites. Thus, a well-edited video can help you stand out in the crowd. You can level up your game in video content creation by using transitions, stickers, visual effects and audio editing features offered in the video editing apps. Most social media influencers use mobile video editing apps for quick, professional editing.
Whether you want to create a short video for social media, an explainer video, or your YouTube, the above apps have the ability and features. Now you have the list of 5 free video editing apps; you can start exploring them. However, each app has pros and cons, so that you can pick according to your expertise and requirement.
By Anukriti Srivastava, Writer @ Skyshot Media